Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Gadgets for the tiny kitchen

For much of my adult life, I've been cursed with tiny kitchens, including one in Boston that was a closet converted into a gallery kitchen. Right now, I have a 8'x7' kitchen in DC; that's enough for a dishwasher, fridge, sink, and some storage and counter space. It's not much, but it's ours (or at least rented).

To conserve space or simply make our lives easier, here are some of the things that help:

These lightweight set of three have rubber bottoms to prevent from slipping. They are lightweight enough to move from counter to counter and make for easy pouring.
This is ideal for the 5'4" me that can't reach the top shelf without it (or without my 6'1" partner). Don't be fooled by the classy "z" in folds; this is a quality product and saves valuable kitchen space.
Thanks to Men's Health for recommending the simple breakfast of the bagel sandwich; it keeps me full until lunch.
No more multiple spoon sets in which we are bound to lose at least the tsp spoon. This all-in-one spoon does the trick. I owe two for baking. One for the dried goods and one for the wet foods.

A friend recommended these. I bought 24 of them and stuck them to the fridge to save some cabinet space.
This was a Christmas gift from my sister a few years ago. She'll be happy to know that I use it often to hold up my especially heavy cookbooks. Even more, it's easy to clean.

Cooking and cleaning is more more fun with music. This guy lives on top of our fridge.

No explanation necessary, except a thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment