Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

My love affair with the freezer

Yes, I know I've been away for some time. Work, wedding planning, life--although all good things---got in the way. Although I haven't been cooking as much, I've of course been eating during that time. Lately, a lot of food has been family-sized make-ahead meals that I freeze for later.

Here's what the freezer looks like right now. (Don't judge; it's a mess!)
Smoothies: That's frozen strawberries, which I cut up fresh and froze (because it's cheaper than buying frozen ones from the store) and ice cube trays of almond milk. Throw a banana and some Greek vanilla yogurt into a blender and out comes heavenly smoothies.

Dumplings: I made dumplings for Chinese New Year (a post for another day) that I use in soups or by themselves for a quick weekend lunch. Making dumplings is such an-all day process that I usually end up with 3 gallon bags of pork, shrimp, and veggie dumplings for later.

Enchilladas: Shoved somewhere in the bottom are tin-foil baking dishes (for easy clean-up), including one for chicken enchilladas. I am still experimenting on trying to find a good recipe--all mine taste like a ginga made it.

Lasagnas: Lasagna actually keeps really well in the freezer. Here's one of my favorite recipes for a tofu spinach lasagna.

No comments:

Post a Comment